Wednesday 15 August 2007

Happy Birthday


Today is my birthday! I'm now officially 20...and I'm actually quite happy about it. It feels like as though I've entered the best decade of my life. Could be my colleagues though who, very sweetly, gave me a very special morning with the little things that make all the difference. The messages at 7am from all those who worked overnight at the take away window helped me kiss my teenage years goodbye very bright and early. I woke up to several messages from other friends and a Mandise muffin with a candle on in our crew room, just before I started my shift at 9am. And, despite turning 20, my colleagues apparently thought you're never too old for soft toys. Got a real adorable elephant; couldn't stop hugging it when I got home (I didn't manage to get down to doing some "growing up" before today; maybe next year). Got a birthday card ten minutes before I left work from all the Youth Team, most of who are at Soul Survivor in the U.K. They said they were sorry for not beign around to celebrate. Funnily enough, despite the "lack of celebration", I don't remember my birthday ever feeling this special. So, for all those who brightened up my day...thanks a million! I really wasn't expecting this at all!

2 comments:

LG said...

Happy belated birthday!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BDAY mar!!! i did think about u at ss!! :D God bless ya !! glad u had fun xD