Friday 16 November 2007

If You Dare...

Around this time last week I was getting myself ready for this:


Well, let me announce (fashionably late) that I dared go to this weekend. It was an amazing boost overall; I just wish I can experience this all over again. It surely gives me something to blog about other than boring issues taking place in hospital.
Obviously, the idea of boring differs from one individual to another. I could be getting many eyes rolling on this post. Most probably, people who came to this blog through the MMSA website would have preferred finding an article about the good, the bad and the ugly of World Diabetes Day (WDD). MMSA could have given me something to blog about without all the controversy - a controversy that occasionally helps Ms. Caruana Galizia keep her Daphnicle going twice a week on The Independent (for when she's too bored talking about politics). There was a time when simply saying that I believed in Jesus was a daring thing to do since it guaranteed to stir quite a lot of debate in any conversation. Currently, I rarely find people in the mood to argue about the matter. The majority would be simply nauseated by the fact that "born again Christians" (as we're called, I got to know) could be such a bad advertisement to the very faith they're so dearly devoted to. As much as this fact is, sadly, very true, it is also very true that...
“There are only a handful [of Americans] who hate the Catholic Church, though there are millions who hate what they think the Church is.”
Archbishop Fulton Sheen
Well, on a lighter note, there were two people at that weekend who were a little bit more daring then others (if I'm allowed to stretch things a bit): they allowed be to have a go at performing neurological examinations on them at 7:30 in the morning. A free license to stay hitting people with a tendon hammer...what more can a medical student ask for? Well, I didn't ask for much really but I certainly got much more than what I asked for.
And for any Marana Tha youth out there reading this blog...thank you for such a fantastic weekend.

No comments: