Sunday 25 May 2008

Everybody Needs Good Neighbours

No, there will be no sour grapes in this blog post. Sure, the Eurovision surprises this year were very disappointing (in my humble opinion, victory should have been Ukraine's) and countries just couldn't avoid voting for their neighbours (Denmark anyone?). Yet, the greatest disappointment of all was this - no Terry Wogan on BBC Prime. :'( I miss the way he cracks me up every year, even though the (crappy) Eurovision voting strategy is getting the better of his cynical sense of humour. (Anyway, anything is better than Eileen Montesin!)

Seriously, I needed Terry Wogan! Studying gets depressing after a while and I was looking forward to some decent fun. Surgery is my first exam this year, starting 30th May, hence explaining the picture of Justine's Hoops 'under the knife'. (Cool photo Justine. It's very you.) All will be over on the 16th of June.

And whilst the question on everyone's lips is whether we should boycott the Eurovision due to lack of neighbours, my question is this: Will I need a "good neighbour" to pass my exams this year? Well... I don't believe in stooping down so low and compromising my integrity in that way, for the sake of an extra mark or two (that aren't even guaranteed).

But the summer heat and the exam stress are getting to my head; my neurons are being abused and they're not thinking straight. Hopefully, I will manage to pass yet another year without the need "good neighbours". Or rather... Hopefully, everyone will manage to pass without needing "good neighbours" or "UoM Bathroom Notes in Medicine & Surgery".

Anyway, may I conclude that this space will be very uneventful for the time being. Perhaps, after exams, I'll get to post more often and tell you a little bit about my mini-adventures in Vienna. Got accepted on student exchange and I'll be away for 4 weeks: 5th July - 2nd August. Till then, there's a lot more studying that I have to get back to.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I missed Terry Wogan too.. Kinda sucked if u ask me, it made the Eurovision less entertaining, as well as the fact that the better songs got stuck in the semis.

Good luck for your surgery exam!
Blessings
Rach

Unknown said...

Poor Hoops, I left Fraz to babysit him and look what happened...ah well we need our practice, some are suturing bananas, why not rip up harmless soft toys? I've got my eye on the MeToYou soft toy in Agenda muahahahaaaa...

A bientot mamzelle!

Jaja

Marquita said...

To Rachie: Thanks for your comments Rachie. My prayer is that you make the right decision. If you need help in that, you know where to find me now. ;)

To Justine: Thanks for stopping by :) And you sound like Sid in the movie Toy Story! Perhaps it's true that Medical School changes people...