Friday 6 June 2008

4 down and 2 to go



With more that half of my exams complete today, I thought of treating myself to a well earned break after studying so much surgery and medicine (and perhaps a bit of that obligatory pharmacology). Very little helps me unwind better than this space.

Not that I abstained myself from breaking entirely. Staying cooped up at home is tiring, and most of those tired moments were spent looking at other people's blogs and observing how every author treats their blog differently: Some treat is as an online diary... Others use their blog to give their opinion on just about anything and everything... Some people share thoughts and ideas they deam inpirational, whilst getting the occasional few who turn their blogs into advice columns. And then you get those people (in actual fact the vast majority), who treat their blogs with utmost neglect. Anyhow, all this got me thinking on what to do with this blog of mine.

When bored of visiting all the links on everyone's blogroll, the narcist within me has read a couple of my old posts to try and get in touch with the real reasons why I took my writing online. After a bit of soul searching, I later realised that this blog is nothing but a reflection of an ever growing desire to be a good source of entertainment to other people. Making people laugh on MSN is what got me into this 'blogging community' in the first place (although Daphne Caruana Galizia doesn't really believe in such a thing as a blogging community). Now, whether I actually have 'stand up comedian potential' or not, that I do not know. All I know is that there are a selective number of people that do find me amusing, and being credited for my sense of humour is something that I find very rewarding. It might sound lame, but it's the truth. So... Moral of the story? Come to think of it, there isn't any take home message in this post!

Well, after that random thought, here's an update...

Murmur 2008 is out! Claire Vella and all the editorial team deserve a big well done for all the work they put into this 15th issue. But now, I'm already starting to think on what I can possibly write for Murmur #16... Perhaps I should keep myself on journalist mode, with my eyes peeled for any interesting bit of something to writ about. Or I can just keep working on the funny side of me and come up with something a bit more humorous. In the meantime...

5 comments:

M said...

1 step closer to being a doctor. Good Luck :)

Amy said...

You are actually very amusing!Wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog,really appreciate it!!
Good luck with the rest of exams,I'm sure you've really tried your best!!
God bless you xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wow u live in Msida/Swatar. You lucky girl:)) I went there last holidays and i spent in Malta nearly 2 weeks. I fell in love with the view :))

maria angela said...

good luck in the rest of your exams mar!! :D ull rock them out for sure :D ull be in my prayers dear :) may God keeps on embracing u!! ^^
xxxx
take care :D
hope to see u soon!!

and yes ure amusing to me too ^^ keep being urself, u rock :)

Marquita said...

And Marquita gloats on being credited for her amusing sense of humour.

Thanks guys you really made my day! And thankls also for wishing me the best of luck too!