Thursday 13 March 2008

Re: Naxxar Accident

There has been a lot going on recently. Elections alone gave me plenty of opportunities to keep the blog up and running. But, in all honesty, I've been too busy trying to get my first book printed. Now that the politicians got their 1s and 2s, Veritas Printing Press found a much awaited printing slot for my humble work of art (it's still currently a major source of headache but we're approaching the end slowly).

So, I'm not really going to talk about elections. After all, time waits for no one and news is always plentiful. I wish it weren't the case as what made the headlines yesterday was a real tragedy. I'm not going to dissect the incident and give my opinion on the matter. All I know is that innocent people have been negatively affected by this: Two people missing, feared dead; other bystanders injured and three houses reduced to rubble. Families who once had a roof over their head, a place to call home, suddenly lost it all.

To some people, this news happened a lot more closer to home. A friend of mine (an MCAST student, also from Naxxar), happens to know one of the victims of this accident. Mr. Edward Bugeja (602860 M) is an MCAST employee in great need of any helping hand available. A solidarity letter has been sent to me which, I believe, deserves a place in my little slice of Internet. Here's a the letter I got. For all those who can help, I encourage you to really make a difference to this person and his whole family.

Re: Naxxar Accident (Bugeja Family)


Following the violent accident in Naxxar on Wednesday 12th March 2008, MCAST was shocked to learn that one of the families affected by the disaster was that of Family Bugeja. Mr. Edward Bugeja (602860 M), who is an MCAST employee, has, as a result of the accident, lost his house and all the family’s belongings.

Should any one like to make a monitory contribution, please deposit funds at any BOV branch in account number: 40017049454, Bugeja Family (Naxxar Accident Fund).

We are confident that through your generosity and support we will be able to show our solidarity with a colleague at this very difficult moment.

Sincerely,

Stephen Vella
Deputy Director
Institute of Art and Design
Malta College for Arts, Science and Technology

ID: 322667(m)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tnx Quita 4puttin d letter re family Bugeja,

pls guys lets all pause and just take in the idea of returning from work to a blank space which in previous days you used to call home...and where u kept all ur possesions of ur personal life...

Any form of help will be appreciated.
May God bless u all in your generosity!

Dez