Thursday 27 May 2010

When I'm on Duty


*For the next ten minutes I’m going to ignore the fact that night duties can be tiring, tough and have the potential of turning you into a cranky individual as though you are in a permanent state of PMS.*

Amidst my surgery boredom (and trying to psychologically prepare myself for the ordeal to come on passing the 5th year) I decided to outline a list of things I’d want to do when on duty… For those rare moments when the hospital gets quiet in the middle of the night…
  • Decorate my pager with pretty stickers.
  • Set up a Wall of Shame at Doctor’s Quarters and post embarrassing photos of other people… You know… Just like on Facebook!
  • Offer a colleague (e.g. Karl) coffee… with Burinex… or Klean Prep… or both.
  • Fill the sofas at doctor’s quarters with whoopee cushions.
  • Gather everyone on duty in the Neuromedical Ward and order a Pizza by Luca. Then thank them with a prank phone call with weird complaints about the food. Aim of the phone call? A complimentary 16 inch pizza for the coming duty.
  • Write songs for Joe Demicoli to sing in the next Malta Song for Europe.
  • Spell out “This Food Stinks” with my lunch and dinner leftovers in the hospital canteen.
  • Sing out loud (for all the world to hear) Frank Sinatra’s Night and Day to my pager every time it bleeps. (I have this gut feeling that I should better get cracking to learn those lyrics.)
  • Race colleagues in the 1st floor hospital corridor… in wheelchairs! xD
  • Cover a sleeping colleague in shaving foam.
  • Buy a new bottle of water and superglue the tap on. Ask my colleagues to kindly open the bottle, record all the action on my iPod and share the stupidity with the rest of the world on YouTube.

Any more ideas are welcome... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number will not pass!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

so is burinex safe to be used as a prank?