Tuesday 27 March 2007

Another Birthday

A medical student's blog should, typically, have pictures of stacked books and stressed individuals hard at work splattered all over. Yet, this post is not an account of what topics I managed to study during the course of the day.

Today was my friend's 21st birthday and we decided to go on the Logos II to check out the books there before the ship leaves at the end of this month. Well, always better than starting off a birthday with a Hep B vaccine! We met at Medical School at around 9am and we caught the bus to Valletta. On arriving at Valletta waterfront, we discovered that the book store opens at 10am; we happened to be there half an hour early. So, we just relaxed a bit and enjoyed the sun whilst eating the two hot cross buns I bought that same morning on my way to hospital. I tried compensating for not having enough time to bake my own cake for the occasion. At ten, we hit the boat for a bit of bargain hunting. I managed to find something interesting for myself, whilst trying to convince the birthday girl to get her hands off junk she doesn't really need. Our little shopping spree had to end at 11am so as to go to lectures (or rather, what was left of them).

After University, I rushed home to get ready for a job interview as a local leader with EF. I guess it went pretty well. I'll let you know if I managed to get the job next week so keep posted. In the meantime, I must finish an assignment...due tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey people! Can you comment please? What does a person have to do to get decent attention around here?! *aqhem*

Hey mar. Its your sister...;) *duh* why dont you write an autobiography... "The sad Diary of Marquita Camilleri" I will give you a couple of ideas...;) I charge 10% of your income :)
Love...
Eri :) xxx

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog, keep it up

Anonymous said...

aw duda!

wot a sweet blog! interesting!!
Take care nd God bless ;)
Toodles!=)
Desiree