Tuesday 13 March 2007

Barabbas: The Face of Fortune

I was supposed to have typed this post yesterday but I was too tired to do anything when I got back home. I didn't do the desired amount of studying but a lot went on yesterday...
Long Essay Done!
I officially finished my long essay and I took it to Copy Club for it to be hard bound today. Alleluia! That's one assignment I'm very glad to get rid of!
The Kekoo Experience
I went to buy a new text book (yep...towards the end of this scholastic year) at Kekoo in Naxxar just before going to St. Julian's for the 1st Lenten sermon. I must admit it was a "unique experience" with the kisses on the cheek (which he apparently gives to every customer), the free biro plus a ten minute autobiography of how his unbeatable prices and numerous amount of friends are taking the piss out of Mireva, Agenda and Indigo bookshops (with the latter shop being, today, non existent).
The 1st Lenten Sermon
The 1st Lenten Sermon was a pretty good start. The sound system was a bit disappointing (we're used to far better I guess). Otherwise, everything was simply great; from the drums and the dances to the talk given by Fr. Ray. Yesterday we talked about Barabbas representing the Face of Fortune. We introduced him through a "Y4J News Item", where he was interviewed by Martine "live from Jerusalem". Then there were the vox pops...lol...Matthew and Ian looked so good on the screen. :) The Archbishop came (fashionably late) and he led the adoration at the very end. Andrew took a few photos that can be found on the y4j website. They're not so clear but I don't have any pictures of my own so I'll have to make do with these...



No comments: