Sunday 18 March 2007

Mary Magdalene: The Face of Faithfulness

What was considered to be a mega big insurmountable project in August is finally approaching the end. We talked about the face of faithfulness on Friday. Leana was a very convincing Mary Magdalene. She actually managed to cry during the whole interview. I wonder whether she ever considered using this skill to get what she wants with people. Anyway the Friday session was good for a number of reasons:

1) Friday's news item was the only one I did not manage to take care of compiling myself. Tutzi wrote the script. Not that she didn't do a good job and that I am some decedent of Shakespeare, but it did help me appreciate my budding talent as a writer just a wee bit more. Anyways, good job Tutzi! I know it's not easy to write a play from scratch.

2) More importantly, a real lot of youths made the step to give their lives to Jesus. That is what made all the sweat and tears to put up these Lenten sermons all worth while. The 'funny thing' is, we spent so much money to promote the event and, yet, the people that came to the sermons where there thanks to their friends and not thanks to our adverts. Poor Martine was thinking of retiring when she found out. (Martine deserves a big well done for all her hard work and dedication. When you see her, tell her, "Prosit!" And Martine if you're reading this...Well done!)

3) The theme song was played twice for the first time throughout the whole week. Couldn't help not being flattered...but...all for God's glory, all for God's glory. I'm glad they were able to worship Him with it.

Friday ended with fellowship at McDonald's in St. Julian's. Whilst everyone was looking at the menu, my eyes went straight on this big poster "Recruitment Day" that gave me something to chew on other than an extra value meal. They want summer workers...and I desperately want a summer job. I filled out an application form to work with EF and they still didn't get back to me. So...Marquita is still on the hunt to do something useful with herself during the holidays...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks Mar!!! :) Great Job to u too!
xxx Cettina